Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Washington

Matt is in Washington DC this week. His unit got sent up there for the Presidential Inauguration. He didn't get to do as much as he had hoped. They were mainly there for backup. Some of them got to go out but since Matt is a mechanic he was left behind "just in case." They stayed at what used to be an elementary school. No showers. But they made it work. Luckily he got to go out today and tour Washington. I think he loved it! He really likes American History. I'm so happy that he has the opportunity to see so many places because of the Army. He was there on his birthday and I'm sure it'll be one he'll never forget. He took a camera up there with him so when he gets back if there are any good pics, I'll post them. He did send me some from his phone. Here's a good one...

He gets back tomorrow. But he leaves Friday morning from Chattanooga for South Carolina for WLC(Warrior Leaders Course). I don't know much about it. I do know it will help him get his next rank(E-5) and he thinks the first couple of days will be like BCT(Basic Training), which means we won't hear from him and they'll be all in his face yelling and making him do a million push ups. Don't let him fool you, he lives for that kind of stuff. His goal is to be a drill sgt. I can totally see that happening. Anyways, so we will get to see him for less than 24 hours and then he'll be gone for 2 weeks. It's what they call the "Guard Turn Around."


Jenna is missing him so much! My sister is staying with us while he's gone. Lindsey was sleeping on Matt's side of the bed and Jenna looked and me and said "Daddy Bed!" She also thinks every time we hear a car pull up that its him and she runs to the window and yells for Daddy. So sweet. I know she doesn't understand why he has to be gone. I hate that part! Maybe its just preparing us for when he leaves this summer for a year...


Me and Jenna are making it without him. I'm so happy Lindsey is staying with us and we have spent a lot of time at my parent's house. Matt's parents have gotten Jenna a couple of times so that I can have a break. We'll be so happy when he's home for good.


He starts working at the armory full time when he gets back which is an answer to prayer. We are so excited!

0 comments: