Friday, August 22, 2008

Tubes

Matt and I both had tubes. Actually, I had them twice. We knew we would probably pass that down to Jenna. When she was 6 months old she got her first ear infection. For the next 5 months she had 7 ear infections. We saw Dr. Betts a lot more than we wanted to. Poor thing. Finally I asked if we were anywhere close to getting tubes. Of course he referred us to Cleveland Head and Neck. The doctor there told us she would have to have tubes just by talking to us. We scheduled it two weeks from then, which was yesterday. I didn't start getting nervous until the day before. I wasn't worried that something would go wrong, it was just stressful and I knew she would hate it. She hates nurses and doctors. I don't blame her. She has been to the doctor a lot and was in the hospital for 2 nights when she was 8 months old. She does, however, like Dr. Betts. For that I am thankful. So Thursday morning we had to be at the Surgery Center at 6:45 am. Jenna is a very late sleeper so not only was that early for us, it was for her too. We got there, filled out paperwork, talked to the doctors and they took her from us. I hated that part! She cried as we left. From the time we sat down in the waiting room until the time they came to get us to see her was only 20 minutes! When we got back there she was crying but they say that is normal. One ear was draining a lot. It had a lot of build up but other than that everything went perfectly. We took her home and she slept for 3 hours! When she got up, it was like nothing ever happened. She has been a perfect angel since then. I am so happy that is over! And so thankful her ears will be feeling much better.

Right after surgery.
Right after her LONG nap.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh I'm so glad it's all over with! YAY Jenna!

Lorinda Roberts said...

I'm glad it's over too.