Monday, June 1, 2009

Moofest

Mayfield Dairy's National Moofest was this weekend in Athens. I read about it in an e-mail I got last week and really wanted to take Jenna. I waited until the morning of the Festival to start talking to her about it because I knew she would be excited and we would never hear the end of it until we got there. So Saturday morning I started telling her about the cows. She couldn't wait to get there. She has been to Mayfield before and knew exactly what I was talking about when I told her, smart little girl. She wanted Josh and Sheri to go because that's who went last time but they had some fence issues in their backyard and couldn't go.

So we went to Moofest and she loved it. It was hot and there were tons of people so we didn't stay too long. She got to pet cows, pigs, a miniature horse and goats. They had a children's tent with coloring, face painting, and games. We went but the only thing she cared about was the coloring. I asked her if she wanted her face painted and that was a big NO! Of course we ate ice cream!! We got to try 2 of the new flavors for this year, Pomegranate Sherbet and Candy Bar. They were both really good! Little Carson slept the whole time but was very festive in his cow shirt, thanks to his Mimi! Jenna loved our trip to Athens and is still talking about the cows!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look so thin in the picture of you and Jen!

lt