Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A day in the life of my princess

I should start this post out by saying that both of my children have been sick this week. Jenna has the croup and Carson has been teething and has a cold. So we have been in the house since Monday afternoon. Apparently the steroid that Jenna is on makes her imagination run wild!

Jenna runs up to me and informs me that she is Cinderella and needs a dress. We don't have a princess dress...so I got out her tutu that Mimi gave her for Christmas and found a tiara and that seemed to satisfy her...for about 5 seconds.
She then insists that she has to have a prince. She gets the idea that her "sweet boy" (Carson) has to be the prince and needs a "prince shirt", which I have no clue what that looks like. So she settled for a "prince hat"...

which he didn't like...and she was a little bummed...
She studied on her revolving princess light how to dance like a princess and was sure that her prince had to dance with her, which didn't happen since he can't even stand up on his own but we made it work.
Then it was time for a castle. She got out Carson's big blocks(there are only 4) and told her prince to build her a castle. When he didn't, she decided to do it on her own.
Apparently the prince was outraged by this...
and knocked down her castle.
Since she didn't have a place to live, she decided to run away. She went and got on her horse, Patch, and rode away exclaiming, "Where is my carriage and my bibbidi bobbidi boo?!?"
She rode Patch until she found her Mimi and convinced her that she should take over the role of princess.
And that, my friends, is a day in the life of my princess.

0 comments: