Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I love tickets!

Some friends of ours gave us 3 tickets to the UT game on Saturday.

I am a Bama fan all the way but I couldn't turn down free tickets and a night out with no kids!!

So my sister, my best friend Ashley, and I made the trip up to Knoxville to watch the UT vs Vanderbilt game. We finally found a good(well what we thought we be good) place to park and then walked to Chili's to eat before the game.
We made it to the game just in time to see the kickoff. I was trying so hard not to cheer for Tennessee but when there are 100,123 other people there yelling and screaming, its so hard to not get caught up in all the excitement. So I cheered...a little. At half time they had a tribute to the military. It was so moving for me. Never in my life have I been more aware of the cost of freedom in this country.
We decided to leave with 1:24 left the 4th quarter and while we were walking down the ramp, TN made another touchdown. So the final score was 31-16 TN. We had a great time and had great seats and it was cold! I think we laughed more at the people around us more than we watched the game. I so needed that!!

We thought we got a great parking spot. In a parking garage and only $10. But we ended up waiting an hour inside the garage because of traffic!! So we learned our lesson about parking!!

The best part of the night for me was crawling in my bed at 1:30am and not waking up until 10:30am. Thanks Nan for keeping the kids!

0 comments: