Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving

I don't have many pictures from Thanksgiving. Things were crazy!

My sister, the kids and I left Wednesday just after lunch to Daphne for Thanksgiving. The trip usually takes around 6 hours but because of all the holiday traffic it took over 8 hours. We were more than ready to get there.

On Thursday morning we woke up and had a Thanksgiving breakfast. Not everyone could make it that morning so the ones who could had a wonderful start to Thanksgiving day. That evening we went to have Thanksgiving supper at a friend of the family's house. She helped us when PawPaw was in the hospital and her dad was in at the same time and passed away the day after our PawPaw did. They are absolutely the nicest people I have ever met. They opened up their home to us and we had such an amazing time.

The best part of the trip was Black Friday! The Outlet mall in Foley opened at midnight. So Melanie, Lindsey and I went down there to shop for what we thought would be a couple of hours. We left the house at 11pm and got home at...8am!!!!! We were crazy by the time we got home. Laughing like silly girls at everything. We were able to lay down for 1 hour before everyone woke up. I think that made me feel worse. But we don't regret it at all. We got some great deals and had a really good time!

That night we had Taylor Thanksgiving. My dad cooked the turkey and Aunt Jerri and MawMaw made everything else. It was WONDERFUL! It was so good to be with everyone. Jenna and Bella became best buds over the weekend.

Melanie bought Jenna and Bella matching Christmas dresses. We had a little photo shoot. Aren't they gorgeous?

And I bought my kids their Christmas outfits and we had another photo shoot. It is so hard to get them to both smile at the same time! But we got some good ones.

I have to say that the holidays are going to be very hard for me this year. Thanksgiving was a hard day for Matt and I but I think Christmas will be even worse. We are trying to keep our heads up and think about this time next year. We will all be back together again! We miss you Matt!

0 comments: