Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas Decorations

Since everything is our lives and our attic is crazy right now, we decided not to pull out all the Christmas decorations this year. Sad, I know. My mom settled for 3 little trees with white lights in the front window just so we wouldn't look like Scrooge and so we would have a place to put our presents.
I definitely haven't been in the Christmas spirit. I have almost all my shopping done simply because I want it all over with. The faster Christmas is over, the sooner it is until Matt comes home. Don't get me wrong, I am excited about my kids opening their presents and spending time with family but I am just ready for this year to move on.
Today I decided I should do something about my Bah-Humbug-ness(yes, I just made that up). I searched through the attic while the kids were taking a nap and found my Christmas tree and my box of ornaments. I put my tree up hoping to make me feel Christmas-y. We'll see how it works.
I found a place right across from Victoria's Secret in Hamilton Place that sells the cutest ornaments! And they customize them for free!! I can't tell you all I got because lots of people on my list are getting them but I did buy one for myself. This is to remind me of this Christmas in years to come and to be so very thankful that this part of my life has come and gone and also to be thankful that my husband will be home for the holidays, Lord willing, with our little family every year.
We miss you this Christmas and we are already looking forward to next Christmas when you are here celebrating with us. We love you, Matt!

0 comments: